Sunday, May 1, 2011

Let the growing begin

And today we planted! Peas, Carrots, green lettuce, variety lettuce, spinch and a chive plant...it was so fun to be out there 'turning' the dirt. The girls and I had alot of fun. Brian and the kiddos really cleared out the garden last week, I wish I had a picture of what it looked like before. Our plot had not been used last year so it was a bit over grown. Not anymore!

smelly compost soil, I believe there is seafood in it.

My planting crew

always looking for treasures of any kind!

getting dirty and havin' fun

our garden! (see the chive plant in the far top corner)

1 comment:

  1. Well, if that isn't just the cutest group of gardeners I've every seen! I have a smaller crew, and do a better job buying than growing, so if I get two tomato plants in this year I'll be impressed with myself. You're showing me up again. You and your gardens and your cat cakes. :)

    ReplyDelete